Record keeping has not been our strong suit! That if anything is the one thing I need to change for the up coming school year. I'm hoping I can find (very soon) a software program that will make record keeping easier for us. I don't care if it's a program on the PC or if it's web-base. I do have a few things that I have in mind. Perhaps I can get some help from my fellow homeschoolers!!!
There are some basic things that I think would make a program good!
- Allowing easy scheduling. I can pre-enter a schedule with "certain days" for "certain subject", but flexible enough to allow me to edit each individual day schedule as needed.
- Can easily assign "assignments" for each subject as needed.
- Can enter in sick days, vacation days, etc and it will automatically adjust the schedule and assignments
- students' page for the kids to be able to view and check of their assignments for the day, etc
- oh and price, I prefer it to be FREE!
I've taken a look at homeschool tracker and I've downloaded the FREE basic version, but to be honest it's to confusing and an NOT very user friendly in my opinion. Plus the basic does not have many of the features I want. The plus version may, but I find the basic NOT to be user friendly, so I assume that the plus will be the same. The PLUS, also, comes with a steep price tag $50. I don't want to spend $50 on software. I really don't want to spend anything, but that's besides the point.
However I'm hearing from Sara at A Shower of Roses that the plus is actually user friendly. So I really don't know any more!
So what do you use? (beside the good, ageless, paper and pen method LOL)