Museum of Science and Industry is a MUST see if you are in the Chicago Area! Not only that but go on a FREE day! (You do have to pay $16 for parking per car. So car pool and reduce the cost).
We had so much fun and didn't even get to see everything. We got there shortly after it open and stayed until close! As a matter of fact they turned the lights off on us! Okay not all the lights, but it was clear it was closing time, TVs shut down, exhibits that made noise stopped, and bathrooms and other areas started to get roped off.
Here of some of the highlights we did:
- Explored a coal mine (very realistic)!
- Extracted DNA from our cheeks and got told how to do it at home! You need water, salt, dawn dish soap and rubbing alcohol. (Learn How: Extracting DNA from our cheeks)
- Saw baby chickens be hatched
- watch an explosion of hydrogen in person. Very similar to this video:
- climbed a rock wall (Superstar did this too!)
- Played video games
- saw a real submarine and got to drive one via simulation.
- explored an airplane
- watched model trains
- played with water
- visited a circus
- visited outer-space
So if you are in Chicago you MUST go to the Museum of Science and Industry especially if it's a FREE day!! FYI: The cow's eye was also apart of the general admission.