However, lets take a moment and just discuss the basics. What do you spend PER child, PER year on your primary curriculum? Mind you primary curriculum doesn't' have to be text books, after all there are many methods and many resources. I'm just interested in showing people what is "needed" for the very basics.
As you look at this keep in mind a couple of things:
- This is the cost just for the primary curriculum/resources the family uses per child; per year. It's an average; an estimation.
- This does not included the cost of sports, scouting, dance, or any other extra curricular the family may or may not use.
- A family may not spend all of this at one time. Some families actually spread out the cost and buy things as needed. Like math materials this month and science next. Or they use an all-in-one program and make monthly payments.
- If you are using one of the free programs (ambleside, old fashion, etc) please estimate what you spend on ink, paper, or whatever else you need to implement and use your curriculum.
- All other basic supplies like pens, pencils, crayons, markets, writing paper is assumed to be on hand or the cost minimal and that does not need to be counted towards basic cost.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something.